Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ten Months Old

December 23, 2013

Lillian-
It is two days before Christmas and having you around makes celebrating Jesus' birthday so much more fun and special.  Now that I am your mommy, I have a better understanding of a mother's love and I can't even begin to imagine the love Mary had for Jesus.  I am so thankful that God blessed this world with his son, Jesus, and that He blessed me with you!  You are one fun 10 month old baby girl!  I have one word that I can describe you these days and that is BUSY!  You are always on the go crawling around, or sitting and playing with toys.  You still have not tried walking on your own, but you do walk holding on to things.  The word "no" is funny to you.  You definitely know the meaning, or at least understand the tone of voice I use when I tell you no, and you like to challenge me to see if I really mean what I am saying.  When your daddy tells you no, you think it is hilarious and turn it in to a game.  For example... if your daddy tells you no when you are throwing your food on the ground you will laugh and hold your hand out as though you are going to drop your food and when he says no again you put your food in your mouth and start laughing.  I think your daddy has a hard time telling you no so he has turned his discipline into a game.  I do have to agree with him, it is hard to tell you no, especially when you look at me with your innocent eyes and sweet smile.  One of your favorite things to do these days is to blow spit bubbles (I'm not sure what else to call it).  You think it is so funny to stick out your tongue and blow bubbles and make funny sounds, and it is even more hilarious to you if you can get someone else to do it with you.   Your teeth are still slowly but surely coming in.  You have 4 teeth, 2 on top and 2 on bottom, and there are 2 more on top that are going to bust through the gum any day now.  Teething doesn't seem to be waking you up at night as much.  One way you handle the pain is by chewing on anything you can fit in your mouth. Your daddy and I have to watch you because you will put anything in your mouth, from shoes to paper, to tags and fingers.  Speaking of shoes, you do not like to keep them on your feet!  As soon as we put you in the car to go somewhere, you immediately take off your shoes and socks.  Your feet don't seem to be growing (I know they are, but they are still pretty small), but you are definitely growing!  Your daddy and I look at you sometimes these days and see a toddler and not a baby anymore.  It is crazy how fast time is going by and how quickly you are changing! You are definitely mine and your daddy's pride and joy!
All my love,
Mommy



Things she is loving: watching the Baby First channel, 
crawling everywhere,dancing to music

Things she is not a fan of: wearing shoes and socks, taking pictures,
sitting down to take a bath

No comments: