Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hiatus

n. pl.  hi·a·tus·es or  hiatus
1. A gap or interruption in space, time, or continuity; a break

There has definitely been a gap in posting to this blog. Life has happened. I am going to try to get back into blogging because I enjoy looking back at what I've posted and I feel it's good for the soul.
The last time I posted our sweet baby girl was almost 1 year old. I will rewind quickly to 2014. February 23, 2014 Lillian turned one year old.  We had a wonderful birthday party celebrating her first year of life that revolved around the theme "Oh the Places You'll Go."  Life continued to go on throughout 2014.  Jon and I were still trying to figure out life as parents, and while doing so we forgot life as a married couple.  Fall of 2014 was not a good time for our marriage, but it did open our eyes to changes that needed to happen.  I can honestly say that I was so happy to see 2014 end, and I welcomed 2015 with open arms!  
Thinking back to the beginning of 2015 a verse from the Bible comes to mind..."Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, that person is a new creation. The old is gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
This year has flown by, but I have enjoyed every moment. 


Quick recap of 2015 (as best I can recall)...
January- A new year brought a new perspective on life, a new found love for Jon, and most importantly a relationship with the Lord like I'd never had.   I opened a small business (and by small, I mean VERY small) called Deux Terrier Treats. (I'll post more about it later.)
February- Lillian turned 2! We celebrated at Jubilee Zoo with close friends and family.  It snowed 2 days after Lillian's birthday, and she loved being home with her daddy and building a "no man." We also celebrated Jon's 33rd birthday!
March- We took a trip to Fort Worth to go to the zoo. Lillian enjoyed seeing all the different animals. On March 26th, Jon and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary. This year was particularly special for us because making it to this day was previously a struggle that God got us through.  
April- My granddaddy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and became a patient in the Oncology Clinic where I worked. 
May- Mothers Day weekend Jon and I went to Baton Rouge for him to participate in a relay type race with some coworkers. It was our first overnight trip without Lillian. 
June- We took Lillian to her first circus! We celebrated my 31st birthday.
July- Jon and I participated in our bootcamp's competition called CG games. Jon's team did awesome and made it into the finals! 
August- I left my job at the Oncology Clinic and started working in pediatrics again.  Mom and I took a weekend trip to South Carolina to visit my sister.  The last day of August my beloved granddaddy passed away. 
September- Lillian started back to school at First Presbyterian in the Young Threes class.  Jon and I went to Dallas to see Garth Brooks in concert and spent the weekend with good friends. 
October- We took a road trip to South Carolina for my sister's wedding.  We dressed up for Halloween and went trick or treating. Lillian really had a great time!
This month we will celebrate Thanksgiving with family at our house. 
Throughout this year Jon and I have stayed focused on our marriage.  We make a point to go on at least one (usually more) date every month. We have realized the importance of one another and the bond between us.   'What God has joined together, let no man take apart.' Mark 10:9
Another thing Jon and I have concentrated on is our health.  We have both become active in exercising.  I now cook a healthy meal at least 4 nights a week.  We have also run in numerous 5k during the year. 
This year has been a blessing and I'm so thankful to God for that.  There have been quite a few changes, habits broken, new habits formed, old friends gone, new friends made, the importance of family brought to light, and an overwhelming love for our Lord.  There are still days that are hard and difficult times, but I now know that with God leading our lives, we will always be blessed. 

Until next time... 

No comments: