Sunday, May 3, 2009

There is no place like home

So the decision has been made...we are moving back to Shreveport.  I found a job working in the PICU at Sutton Children's Hospital in Shreveport, and Jon is most likely going to work in the Cardiac Care Unit at Willis Knighton in Shreveport.  We are both excited!  I am finding it hard to be too excited because I will miss my job at Cook Children's and all the wonderful people I have met there!  But like I told my mom, you can make new friends but you can't make new family.  So I will be home with my family and still be in touch with all the new friends I have made.  I am very nervous about my new job, because it is a great responsibility, but I am also very excited and anxious because I know that I will learn a lot!  We have plans to build a house, so I will be living with my parents and Jon will be living with his until our house is finished.  This was a difficult decision for me to make, but I prayed about it and weighed the pros and cons and I have decided that this is the next step.  I am really excited and looking forward to what the future holds!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11 

No comments: