Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer is Here and the Grillin' is Good

I don't know about you, but summertime makes me think of being outdoors and grilling.  Here in Louisiana it can be tough to enjoy the outdoors because it is so stinkin' hot!  Lately, Jon and I have been trying to do more outside, especially before the real summer heat hits.  We went to Hot Jazz on the Red again.  Unfortunately while we were there a bird decided to use Jon at it's port-a-potty.
Me and my handsome hubby @ Hot Jazz on the Red
The other night I was able to get off of work, so we joined some friends at the pool.  I forgot to put on sunscreen, so I am a little on the burnt side now.  After we left the pool we all came to our house, and Jon grilled us some burgers.  They were delicious!   I think that got Jon in the grilling mood, so last night he grilled some chicken and a potato recipe I found on pinterest.  Once again, delicious!
cheesy grilled potatoes via Pinterest
I only have 2 more nights in which I have to work a night shift.  I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be at home at night and to spend time with my husband.  We always enjoy cooking and eating dinner together, and now we can do that every night!  I see many more grilled dinner nights in our future!  I also see a lot more nights like this in our future...

The three pictures I used in this post make me think of my latest Facebook status...

"Listening to Texas country music, 
dinner is on the grill, 
glass of wine in my hand, 
and my husband by my side...
this is the life!"


No comments: