Monday, January 12, 2009

After Jon's residency graduation we drove to Broken Bow, OK to relax for the weekend with some friends from back home.  It took us way longer than we expected to get there and we were both very tired.  We hung out on Friday and made smores by the campfire and got in the hot tub for a little bit.  We called it an early night, because we were both pretty tired from the eventful day.  We woke up Saturday and made breakfast before we went on a hike.  It was pretty chilly and Jon and I were not totally prepared for the cold weather, but it was still fun and so pretty!  I was pretty tired after the hike so I took a nap.  That evening we hung around and ate some dinner and then visited with everyone by the campfire.  It was nice to sit around and relax without worrying about things (besides the pups, because we had to board them).  We left pretty early on Sunday morning and I slept most of the way home.  It was nice to be able to relax all weekend, although I was tired a lot.  
Thank goodness I was called off of work on Sunday because again I was pretty tired.  Today Jon convinced me that I needed to go to the doc, so I did, and I am sick! The doc gave me some meds and I got a shot in the hip (yea, hip! I should have questioned the medical assistant but I didn't)  :(  I had to call in to work tonight.  The doc said I need some rest (after the weekend of resting you think I would be rested out but apparently not)  I have been pretty busy and somewhat stressed out lately, neglected taking care of myself I guess.   So I plan on laying low the next two days so I can recuperate and take care of the kiddos who are truly sick and need some TLC.  Until next time...
The cabin in Broken Bow, OK that we stayed in.
Hiking along the river.

When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be toward others.
- Eda LeShan


No comments: