Saturday, January 3, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It's been a while since I have posted anything...Life has been somewhat busy lately.  Where did I leave off...Thanksgiving....well after (and even before) Thanksgiving people start getting ready for Christmas.  I am usually one of the ones who has most all of my Christmas shopping complete by Thanksgiving and I can't wait to get the tree the day after.  This year was not that way.  Jon and I did not start Christmas shopping or get a tree until December 19th!!  I was not in the Christmas spirit this year.  I don't know why.  I did everything I could to get in the mood...listened to non-stop Christmas music, watched my favorite Christmas movies (Elf, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story), decorated the apartment, wrapped presents, etc.  I just felt like all of these tasks were a hassle instead of an enjoyment.  The only reason I can come up with as to why I felt like this about Christmas was because I was missing my family and Jon.  We didn't get to see each other much before Christmas, and were only able to spend Christmas Eve and half of Christmas Day together.  Big change from our usual 24/7 being together!  I can't say that I was a scrooge the whole time.  Once Jon and I packed up the car with all the presents and our luggage and loaded up Charley and Annabelle and headed to Louisiana, I got super excited! I sang Christmas carols the whole 3 hours! Christmas Eve we spent time with Jon's family and then pulled a late night at my parent's house opening presents and playing games with my family.  It was so good to spend time with the ones I love so much!  Christmas Day we ate lunch at my grandma's and then went to Jon's mom's and ate again! Delicious!  I was able to eat all the goodies I missed out on at Thanksgiving.   Overall Christmas turned out wonderful, and I am very thankful that I was able to spend it with those that are close to me!
Jon and I by our Christmas tree :)

No comments: