Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's a shiny new....

I received so many wonderful gifts this year for Christmas, and I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for all of them and for those that gave them to me.  I do have to tell you about the gift that was given to me and Jon that we both are so super excited about....a few hints first...

it's brand spanking new....


it's shiny candy apple red with chrome detailing...


it's got a strong motor...


and it looks like this...

Our very own KitchenAid Stand Mixer!!
 We have been wanting one of these for years!  I love to bake and Jon likes to cook so we will definitely put this baby to good use!  In fact, I couldn't wait to use it, so I opened it up the day after Christmas and this is what happened...







Delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies. 
I found the recipe over at The Comfort of Cooking.  It is a recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, and I do have to admit that they are some of the best homemade cookies I have had.  For some reason my cookies always turn out flat, but flat or not, they were chewy and delicious!   Thanks Uncle Jimmy for the stand mixer!  I promise to send you something delicious whipped up by the new prized possession!

No comments: