Thursday, December 15, 2011

On the 12th Day of Christmas...

my true love gave to me...

Twelve drummers drumming
Eleven pipers piping, 
Ten lords-a-leaping
Nine ladies dancing, 
Eight maids-a-milking
Seven swans-a-swimming, 
Six geese-a-laying
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds
Three French hens, 
Two turtle doves
And a partridge in a pear tree!

This month's bunco was hosted 12 days before Christmas by Mary (@The Worry Bird) and it was very fitting to have the theme be the twelve days of Christmas.  Each player was given a specific day and was encouraged to be creative with her outfit.  I know that Mary was nervous/worried about everything turning out good, and I have to say that it wasn't good, it was great!  The food was delicious!  She served mini lasagnas, ham sandwiches, spinach dip, oreo truffles, chocolate chip cookies, and a toffee dip with apples.  Yummy! I think I got a little sugar high, but it was well worth it!  She was super creative with her prizes and favors.  The prizes were given in popcorn containers and consisted of candy and a gift card to The Robinson Film Center, but of course I didn't win!  For favors, we each got a box of chocolate and a super cute bunco ornament that Mary made.  (We told her she needed to set up an etsy shop and sell those ornaments!)  
Here are a few pictures from the night...
-the whole crew-

-(from left to right)-
-the partridge in a pear tree-
-the turtle dove-
-the french hen-
-the calling bird-

-(from left to right)-
-the golden rings-
-the geese-a-laying-
-the swan-a-swimming-
-the maid-a-milking (yours truly)-

-the piper piping-
-the lady dancing-

-me and the french hen-
-(I was being inappropriate and milking my teat)-

-my sweet friend Alissa joined us this month and was the turtle dove-
Like I always say, we have so much fun at bunco and always look forward to the next month!


No comments: