Monday, January 2, 2012

First Christmas as Mr. & Mrs.

This post is a little late...but better late than never, right?

This was our first Christmas to spend together being married!  It was a wonderful first Christmas for this Mr. & Mrs.!  Our usual plans around Christmas time....Christmas eve- go to Jon's uncle's house and eat in the late afternoon with that side of the family, then head over to my parents house and spend time with them, my siblings, and my grandparents.  Christmas day- eat lunch at my grandmother's house and then eat a late lunch at Jon's parents house and open gifts.   This year was nothing like it has been in the past.  A few weeks before Christmas we had the opportunity to get together at Jon's uncle's house with that side of the family and spend time with them.  Jon and I both had to work the Friday before Christmas and Saturday, which was Christmas eve.  So this year we volunteered to host Christmas at our house and combine all the family time together.  It was a lot of people, but we enjoyed being able to see everyone and spend time with them.  My sister was able to come in town and so was Jon's uncle, Jimmy, and they both stayed at our house.  On Christmas morning, Jon's parents came over and Jon made us all a Christmas breakfast.  After that I went and took a little nap, since I had not been to sleep since I got off of work. Then that evening both sides of the family came over...a total of about 25 people...including Jon's uncle Jeff and two of his children...and we all had a big Christmas dinner together.   I am so very thankful for the MIL, because without her dinner would have consisted of deviled eggs and a pecan pie (the only things I contributed).  Jon and I are so thankful for everyone in our family and we were very happy to be able to have everyone together for a great time!

-just a few of the presents to be opened by all-

-the MIL trying out the boots we bought her-

-MIL, my grandmother, and Regina-

-The Mr. & Mrs.-

-Anna Leigh, Abby, Cindy, and Madalyn-

-Jon with his uncle, Jeff, and two of his children, Mattie and Nolan-

-Me with Jon's uncle, Jimmy-

-me and my parents-

-Garrett, Harrison, and Jeff playing video games-
I hope that all of you were able to find the time to spend with family this holiday season!  

No comments: