Sunday, January 8, 2012

Porcupine Parables

As most of you know I have been dealing with crazy headaches and migraines for quite some time now...5 months to be exact.  If you didn't know about it you can catch up and read about it herehere, or here.  I tried all sorts of treatments and nothing seemed to help.  I decided to look in to acupuncture and researched it a little, asked around for opinions, and found a couple of places here in town that offered it. I decided I was going to try it, because what the heck?!  If it didn't work, well I would just be in the exact same position, but if it did work, then alleluia!   So I called the guy I decided I wanted to use and spoke with him about it and made my appointment.  He informed me that acupuncture works best for headaches and that after 3 visits, if it worked, I shouldn't have to deal with these terrible headaches much anymore.  I had my first appointment on December 8th and it went something like this...
-it's hard to see the needles in this pic-

-but they are there, and have electricity connected to them (only a few in my head at least)-



I have to admit that I was a bit nervous, but it was a great experience.  Jon went with me to be my moral support (and my photographer).  It did not hurt, and it was very relaxing.  After the first week I could tell a difference in the type of pain I was having with the headaches, but I was still having them pretty frequently and they were pretty severe.   I went back the next week for my second treatment and told him about the difference I was experiencing, so he put even more needles in my head and on my neck that time.  That appointment lasted twice as long as the first.  After that appointment I was not having headaches as often and they were not as severe as they had been.  I was scheduled to go the week before Christmas, but had to cancel because life was just too busy trying to get ready for the holiday.  I do plan on going back for at least one more treatment.  The acupuncturist is out of town, but when he returns I do plan to go back.   I will say that I have not had a headache (at least not bad enough to take any medicine for it) in at least 2 weeks.  I have been putting off writing this post because I am afraid of jinxing myself or speaking too soon.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have finally found a cure for these dadgum headaches!

No comments: