Saturday, June 1, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

This past 4 day weekend was great! It started off Friday when I got to sleep in because I was off work! I spent the day with my sweet baby and then Jon, Lillian, and I joined my in- laws for dinner. After dinner Jon and I took Lillian to Rhino Coffee Shop and listened to a bluegrass band called Foley's Van. My sister came in town late that night so we all slept in on Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon we did a little shopping and then ate lunch on the patio at Oyster Bar. Saturday night we attempted to hang out at the Mudbug Madness festival but it didn't last long. Lillian was not a happy camper as soon as she heard the super loud music and was bombarded by unfamiliar faces. About 15 minutes after we were there a huge black cloud covered the sky and we saw lightening in the distance. That was our cue to leave. Maybe next year we will have better success. Sunday we all got up and went to Rhino for breakfast before our trip to the park. Candace, Jon, and Brady ran while Lillian and I walked. It was crazy hot out because the humidity was so bad. Sunday evening Jon made dinner and his parents came over. It was a nice relaxing evening. Monday, Memorial Day, was uneventful and so nice. I am thankful for all of the men and women who have sacrificed their lives to keep this country free. This weekend was full of family time, and I am so thankful for that too! I'm glad my sister was able to come visit!




No comments: