Thursday, September 15, 2011

More headache nonsense

I am STILL having headaches!  The constant headache was "knocked out."  But I am still having periodic headaches every other to every two days.  A lot of times I wake up with a headache still.  I talked with my doctor today (internal medicine) and she took me off the Lortab...it was doing nothing but making me sleepy and itch, which I had to take Benadryl for that, so then I was SUPER sleepy.  She started me on a different med I had never heard of, Fiorinal.   She also made me an appointment to see a neurologist (which will happen on October 25th) and I now have to keep a "headache journal."   I'm not really sure what all is supposed to be recorded in this headache journal, but I will do my best to keep track of all the important info I suppose.  I did go to Target and get a cute mini notebook of sorts that will become my headache journal.   I do know one thing...I am so over these headaches!! I am tired of having them, and I'm sure my husband is sick of me complaining about them (plus everyone else I complain to).   I hope the neurologist can give me more answers or a better solution!  Until then I will be journaling...

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Sorry sweet girl! When I went to my neurologist, they wanted info like- hours of sleep prior to headache, time occurred, duration, meds taken, relief or none? Alleviating/worsening symptoms etc. Also, some diet info, like caffeinated beverages, chocolate, etc. The other column was stress- tests, work hours, etc. surrounding headache. Hope you are feeling better!