Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Time to be Thankful

Although I should be thankful everyday for all the things He provides me, I tend to get busy in my every day life and do not always take the time to think of the things I am truly thankful for.   I do feel that I am overall grateful and thankful for the life I have been given, but there are specific things I would like to point out that I am very grateful for this year.
The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that I am pregnant.  I do thank God every day that He has blessed me with the ability to carry a child.  Unfortunately not every woman has the opportunity to be pregnant.  Before I became pregnant I always had a fear that I would be one of those women.  I see it a lot nowadays, especially since a lot of girls my age are now wanting to be moms.  When I found out I was pregnant I was shocked but definitely thankful.  Being able to feel Lillian move and kick inside my belly is an awesome feeling and one I am truly grateful for!
I am thankful for my health.  I may have a few set backs here and there (headaches, cankles, etc.) but those are nothing in comparison to those fighting for their lives or battling lifelong illnesses.  Being in the healthcare field I see all sorts of sick people, and I am so very thankful for the health I have been given.
I am thankful for my husband.  God knew what he was doing when he brought us together.  We have become very close and matured together in our relationship with the Lord in the short amount of time we have been together, and I can only imagine how much better it will get in the years to come.  We have been through quite some tough times already, but with God leading the way, we have made it through and come out stronger in the end! I love my husband dearly and thank God always for bringing us together!
I am thankful for my job!  It took me quite a while to find a day job, and I am so happy to be working where I am now.   I am actually able to be off for Thanksgiving, allowing me to spend time with family.  What a thing to be thankful for!

And a few "small" things I am thankful for:
-the dishwasher!  There is nothing I despise more than doing the dishes!
-good smelling candles
-the warm sunshine on a cold day
-ice cream
-hand me downs (I actually have quite a few things to wear thanks to my friends' maternity hand me downs)
-compression socks
-gas in the tank (of my car of course)

I am really looking forward to 4 days off from work to be able to spend time with family and friends.  After all, they are the most to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: