Monday, November 19, 2012

LSU vs Miss St


Every year the ENO crew gets together for a LSU game.  I was never able to go because I was working, until this year.   Jon and I planned on going as soon as we knew the date.  I was really looking forward to it.  I had never watched a game from inside the stadium! (I was in Baton Rouge quite a few times in college for games, but never made it in to the stadium for the game) Then Jon got hurt, and we had no idea how we were going to tailgate and make it to the game with him on crutches.  Then he got a wheelchair and decided to call the ticket office to see if they could accommodate.  We ended up being able to sit in the handicapped/wheelchair section with an awesome view!
The morning of the game we got up with the sun (or maybe before) and got ready and headed to the campus.  Fortunately we were following Nathan, Kelli, and Terry's lead because Jon and I were rookie tailgaters.  We found our spot and got things set up.  A little before lunch the rest of the crew made it out.  Terry and Nathan whipped up some wonderful jambalaya in a cast iron pot that is at least a century old!  It was probably some of the best jambalaya I've ever eaten!  We took a walk to pick up our tickets from will call and to see Mike the tiger in his cage.  We went back to our tailgating spot and hung out until game time.  Of course we then made our way to the stadium to watch the tigers defeat the bulldogs.  It was a really great time and I'm so glad we were able to go this year!
Terry & Nathan aka The Cooks

Kelli & me

tailgating with the hubby


view from our seats

LSU vs Miss St game


No comments: