Wednesday, November 21, 2012

less than 100 days...

until my due date.  Is it too early to start a count down?
We are 26 weeks this week, which means 14 weeks to go, which is 98 (actually a few less) days.  It's crazy to think of it like that!
We saw the doctor this week and she was very pleased with my blood pressure and the lack of edema.  I do have to give credit to my co-worker, Amber, who was so kind to let me borrow some compression socks.  I have been sporting those bad boys every day, and they work!  I still have some days where my ankles are a little puffy, but no pitting edema! I was instructed to continue to limit my salt intake, including my Thanksgiving meal.  That is going to be tough! We start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now, and at our next appointment I will do the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.  Most people say the drink is really terrible, and one person has said it was not that bad.  I have my sugary drink already, and I will drink it the morning of the appointment.  Fingers crossed for a blood sugar less than 134 one hour after I finish the drink!
Lillian is still on the move most of the time.  I did experience her having hiccups the other night and that was really weird.  I thought at first she was seizing or something?!  You can really see her move around and see my belly change shape when she does.  I think it's super creepy and way cool all at the same time.
Jon and I went to our second baby class this week.  This one was called "The Happiest Baby on the Block."  It is based on using the 5 S's (swaddle, side or stomach position, swing, shush, and suck) to trigger a baby's calming reflex.  It was interesting for sure, even though the doc who came up with the theory seems a little bit weirdo.  I'm sure Jon and I will definitely put what we learned to practice when Lillian is crying, and hope that it works!
Not much else is new this week, besides the fact that I have been battling a horrible cold.  There is not much a pregnant girl can take, so I have been doing my best to be patient and let my body fight it off.  I am actually starting to feel better, which is so good, because who wants to be sick on Thanksgiving?!
Oh and the latest thing I was told...
A male patient asked me how much weight I have gained, and as I sat and thought about the exact number, he interrupts my thought process with "too much huh?"  so I smiled and replied "yea, probably" in which he responds by laughing hysterically and saying "yea, I thought so"  What a butthead!  People really should think before they speak (or maybe I should not think before I speak and come back with something just as ugly to say)!

No comments: