Monday, November 5, 2012

24 weeks = 6 months

We have made it to 24 weeks! Its crazy to think I have been pregnant for 6 months! Before I was pregnant I never understood keeping up with your pregnancy in weeks, but now I see why. Each new week brings on a whole new chapter for baby! They say 24 weeks is when the fetus is viable. That's a big accomplishment!
Lillian is still an active girl, and now Jon is able to feel her kick and move. It's so sweet to see his face light up every time he feels her move! We started putting earphones to my belly and playing music for her. I think we may have a dancer on our hands because she moves more when the music is playing. It is so cool!
My cankles are pretty much all gone. I still have days here and there when my ankles swell a tiny bit, but nothing like before! I am so very thankful! My reflux has been more annoying lately despite continuing to take Protonix every day. Not sure what that's all about. At least I have Tums to turn to!  My belly is sure growing, and my belly button is starting to look like it is squinting!
We registered for goodies for Lillian at Ladies in Waiting and Target. It was a lot of fun! The salesperson at LIW was very helpful and had us laughing a lot! Jon enjoyed registering at Target because he was able to use the scanner gun. Registering and looking in to all the things available for babies these days was interesting. They make all sorts of things that seem really helpful and then there are things that seem really pointless. One thing I do know is baby stuff can be really expensive!
The outfit I ordered for Lillian finally came in and it is super cute!

I'm not usually an animal print or pink kind of girl,
but Lillian is changing me!
Jon and I are trying to start preparing more for her arrival. In the coming weeks we will be going to all sorts of classes to help us learn about her and what to do when she arrives. I am anxious to start on her nursery, but we will be waiting until Jon is fully recovered before we start all that. My parents bought Lillian an antique dresser that I am going to refinish and use for her changing table. I'm really excited about that project! It will definitely be a post of its own.

No comments: