Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Continuing to Recover

Jon is still on the road to recovery. He has been sporting this blue cast for a little over 2 weeks now.


Less than a week with it to go, then it is back to the walking cast. I know he is so ready for that day (and I am too)! He is really tired of using crutches or being pushed in a wheelchair.
When they removed the splint cast and put the hard cast on, he was able to see the incision. He snapped a few pics for me because I couldn't be there. They did remove all the sutures, but here is what it looked like before they did.


I was surprised at how long the incision is! Hopefully it won't leave too nasty of a scar!
At his next appointment (in about a week) he will get the cast off and be put back in the walking boot. At that time he will also find out when he will start physical therapy and how long that will last. We imagine PT to be pretty tough at the beginning because he has not used that foot/ankle at all in over a month. I know he will do great though, he's very determined to have a perfect recovery!

No comments: