Monday, December 31, 2012

32 weeks on NYE

On the last day of 2012 we are 32 weeks pregnant!
We saw the doctor last week and had a great check up.  I only gained 1lb since seeing her last (2 weeks).  I was so excited!  She said everything is going well.  Lillian's heart rate was a strong 150, which is about what it is every time.  I am measuring right on target.  We go back next week and I was hoping for an ultrasound at that time, but it will be the appointment after that.  I talked to her about the chances of being put on bed rest and she doesn't see that in the future at this point.  My feet/ankles do swell at times, but they also go down once I put my feet up.  My blood pressure has been great.  It was very comforting to hear her say that she didn't believe bedrest was something we were headed towards.
I have felt pretty good lately.  I am more tired these days, but that's to be expected I assume.  Sleeping is not very comfortable these days.  I wake up with leg cramps and awful reflux at least once a night.  I think I had my first Braxton-Hicks contraction the other night, but I don't really know.  I just know my belly was really uncomfortable, almost hurting, and it was really tight, but it didn't last very long.  Lillian continues to be active, mainly in the mornings and evenings.  I am anxious to have an ultrasound done because I want to know about how big she is.  When she is moving around I really feel like she is a chunk!
So of course I have mentioned and shown pictures of my feet and how they tend to swell at times.  Well it's worse when I wear shoes that don't quite fit so I decided it was time to find some shoes that fit me better because I am down to my tennis shoes and a pair of black flats.  Jon and I went to a couple of stores this past weekend and I had no luck.  I normally wear a 7 1/2 or sometimes an 8...well I was having to try on size 9, and it wasn't because my foot was swollen, it was the length! OMG! Has my foot really grown that much?  They still didn't fit right either.  I know that some of it is swelling, but on this particular day my feet were looking pretty good.  I was so discouraged and disappointed that I refused to go anywhere else to look and I told Jon I would just wear flip flops.  I doubt I will be wearing flip flops and for now I will just wear my tennis shoes or black flats until I can find some other pair that fits.
We (more Jon than me) have been working on redoing the dresser/changing table for Lillian's room.  As soon as it is finished I will post some pictures.  I still need to clean out some things from her room so that Jon can get started painting.  It's coming down to crunch time so I really need to get a move on and get some things done!
While my sister was in town for Christmas she took some maternity pictures for me.   I haven't seen all the pictures yet, but I am happy with the ones I did see.  She is very talented so I am anxious to see all of them.  Of course I will post some once I have them!

32 weeks

No comments: