Wednesday, January 23, 2013

35 weeks

proud painter

Quite a few things have happened since the last pregnancy update post.  First and foremost baby girl's room is painted!  My husband and my father-in-law spent all last weekend painting her room, and they did a wonderful job!  It looks so good!  I am now working on getting everything in its place and stuff on the walls.  I have washed all of her clothes.  I hung up some and put the others in her dresser.  Speaking of her dresser/changing is finally finished!  It did not turn out anything like I had envisioned, but I have accepted the way it looks.  It deserves a post all of it's own, so I will get working on that soon.

lots of clothes already!!

We had a doctor's appointment today and it went really well.  We finally got to see our precious girl via ultrasound today.  At first she did not want to show us her face but just as we were going to give up on her, she decided to look at us and bat her little eyes and suck on her tongue.  Seeing her sweet face made me even more excited about the day we will finally meet her!  The doctor said everything is looking good with her.  She is measuring about 6 pounds and 6 ounces.  She has chubby cheeks, big lips (not sure where those came from), and a TON of hair!  Her hair was "flowing in the fluid," to quote the ultrasound tech.  Maybe it's true what they say about having indigestion and reflux due to your baby having lots of hair.  We were happy to see that she is head down!   I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have gained 7 pounds since our last appointment (2 weeks ago).  OMG!  I have been telling Jon that I feel like the Michelin man looks...
 (just in case you didn't know who I was talking about)
It's not so much my feet and ankles like it has been, it's my entire body.  The swelling has even caused carpal tunnel in my wrists, mainly my right one though.  It's worse in the mornings and seems to get a little better as the day goes on.  The doc said the only thing to really help it right now is to wear a wrist brace, but I don't feel I am quite to that point yet.  My blood pressure is still wonderful and I am not spilling protein in my urine or anything of that nature, so she is not concerned that I am preeclamptic.   We will be going to the doctor on a weekly basis now, which is exciting and scary all at the same time. That means we are getting so close to her being here! 

I have been feeling pretty good for the most part.  I am uncomfortable a lot, but who wouldn't be carrying all this extra weight?!  I sleep in 2-4 hour intervals at night, waking to either go to the bathroom or get in a more comfortable position. I can definitely tell that Lillian has moved down because there is a lot more pressure "down there."  I am definitely waddling all the time now!

I have to give a shout out to my husband... Jon has been so wonderful, catering to my every need!  I can't imagine going through all of this without him.  He has taken on all my crazy projects with a smile on his face and determination to get it done and to my satisfaction.  He waits on me constantly and is always willing to fulfill my late night cravings, mainly for ice cream!  I know that he is going to be a wonderful daddy, and I am getting so excited to see him with Lillian!  The thought alone brings tears to my eyes and so much joy to my heart!
sweet hubby went on a late night ice cream run

35 weeks

1 comment:

Kay Sour said...

I can't wait to see the room! Knowing you, it's going to be adorbs!