Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chicken with Avocado Salsa

Although I wasn't really wanting to, I made dinner tonight. I thawed some chicken and didn't want it to be wasted, so I browsed Pinterest and found a recipe. I tweaked the recipe a little to make it more my style. It turned out great! I highly recommend you make this one night soon! (It only takes about 25-30 minutes)

What you will need...
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 medium red onion
1 avocado
2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil

What to do...
Turn the oven to 350. Prep your chicken (cut off fat, etc.) Mix salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt together in small bowl. Rub spice mixture over both sides of chicken. Heat olive oil in skillet (I used a cast iron skillet) over medium high heat. Brown each side of chicken for about 3 minutes. Place chicken in baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. While chicken bakes, dice onion and place in bowl. Pour lime juice over onion and add cumin, mix together. Chop avocado (keep it pretty chunky). Fold the avocado into the onion mixture, being careful not to mash the avocado.
Spoon the avocado salsa over the chicken (the more the better) and serve immediately.

I paired the chicken with a salad and corn. It was a light but filling dinner! Enjoy! :)

No comments: