Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

When I was planning the gender reveal party I knew I wanted to have cute party favors for those that came. I'm not sure where the idea came from but I decided on clock sugar cookies. I had been wanting to make sugar cookies and decorate them with royal icing. I figured this was the best time because it would be an easy shape and design. I went to some of my favorite blog recipe sites and compared recipes and picked out what to do. I went with a lemon vanilla sugar cookie with basic royal icing. The whole process took me about 3 days, but it was not difficult at all.
I made the dough, rolled it out, cut out all the circles, and baked them.



After they cooled, I outlined each circle with royal icing.
Once the outline dried (a few hours), I "flooded" the cookies with royal icing and let them dry over night.

After the white royal icing dried, I decorated the clock "faces" with black cookie icing.
They were packaged after they were completely dry.
The finished favors!!
I had more pictures to show each step, but the computer is acting funny and not posting them like it should.   I really enjoyed making these cookies, and they actually tasted really good too! I see more decorated sugar cookie baking in my future!

No comments: