Sunday, March 31, 2013

Please excuse me, I'm new!

There have been quite a few instances when the people around us are thinking "they are obviously new parents"...
Like the times we have taken her to a restaurant (at non busy times of course) and sat at a table far away from everyone else with her carseat covered so no one can see her or breathe on her...
Or when we went to the grocery store and had no clue what to do with her carseat so Jon put her carseat in a buggy and wheeled it around and I had my own buggy for the groceries...
Or when she starts screaming in public and I have to feed her, so I go to the car, and when I return I have spit up/ milk/ pee and maybe poo on my shirt, the crotch of my pants, and on her clothes.  (We haven't mastered nursing in public quite yet, but I suppose practice makes perfect?!)...
And don't forget the time she pooed out of her diaper on to her pants, and this new mom did not have a spare outfit for her, so sweet girl had to go pantless with a blanket wrapped around her because it was chilly outside...
Or how about the time I thought I was being smart and prepared and brought milk (non frozen) with us in an insulated bag with an ice pack, only to find that when I went to pour the milk into the bottle it was frozen (dang good ice pack!) and had to thaw it by putting it in my armpit.
I guess you live and you learn, right?

No comments: