Monday, March 11, 2013

These days...

These days all seem to be running together. If it weren't for the sun setting and rising I wouldn't know my days from nights, mainly because Lillian seems to have them confused too! Sweet girl has been super fussy in the evenings which continues into the night. Four hours of sleep in a night means we had a good night! I thought at first she was going through a growth spurt, and then I thought she was wanting to cluster feed in the evenings, but I'm clueless as to what is going on. She also refuses a pacifier! We have tried 3 different types and drama queen gags with every one of them. As I am typing this she is actually asleep in her daddy's arms. Tonight has been a much better night than the past few so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things are going to continue to be better!
I feel like we are constantly going to the doctor. Lillian had her 2 week visit this past Friday. She weighs 8 lbs 7 oz now. The doctor thought she still looked jaundice so they checked her total and direct bilirubin. Her bilirubin is just fine so apparently our little girl just has a yellow tint to her complexion. She has a sacral dimple. The doc doesn't seem to think it is anything to be worried about. For peace of mind we have to take her to have an ultrasound on Friday to be certain that it is in fact nothing to worry about.
I went back to the doctor today for a follow-up. My blood pressure has been great so the doctor told me to stop taking the blood pressure med. I also found out that I have lost 34 lbs in the past 2 weeks! I have definitely felt smaller because my swelling has finally gone away! I have veins and bones in my feet again! It's crazy to think that I was probably carrying around at least 15 pounds of excess fluid! Glad all that is gone! Now just 23 pounds to go before I'm back at my pre-pregnant weight.
Two things that have happened so far this week (and it's only Monday)...we took Lillian to a restaurant for the first time! We left my appointment today and were both super hungry. Since it was still early we figured we could beat the lunch crowd, so we introduced our girl to Superior. We sat on the patio away from the other 2 tables of people and kept her carrier covered with a blanket. Yes, we are probably over protective, but better safe than sorry, right? She slept the whole time and we finished just as it was getting busy. The other thing is that her cord fell off! It had been hanging by a string for a few days and it finally went in its way! Now we can introduce Lillian to her bathtub. I hope she likes it has much as she does her sponge baths! Bath time is something we all look forward to!
Well I better go get some shut eye while she is. Here's to hoping she actually sleeps tonight!...

No comments: