Monday, March 25, 2013

One Month Old

March 23, 2013
Lillian-
  Happy 1 month birthday my sweet girl!  We have sure learned a lot about each other in the last 4 weeks.   I am really loving watching you grow and learn, but please stop growing up so fast.  You are starting to outgrow your newborn sized outfits.  In fact, you can't wear your newborn jammies anymore, only the 0-3 month size.  I am so glad you smile so much because your smile is contagious.  You smile as you are falling asleep, while you are sleeping, and when your daddy and I talk to you in funny voices.   I know they say you are not technically "old enough" to smile on purpose, but it sure does seem like you smile at us and our silly talking sometimes.  We are enjoying the fact that you are having more awake times these days.  Although you did go through a phase of being super fussy between the hours of 9pm and 1am, I think you are over that now (at least I am hoping so!).  When you are awake you love to look around at the lights and at me and your daddy.  You are enjoying laying on your back kicking your legs and swinging your arms, and you are starting to make all sorts of noises and sounds while doing so.  You will tolerate tummy time for a short period and you are getting stronger every day at holding your head up.  You are pretty good at holding your head up and steady but you tire out quickly and your head becomes floppy again.  You have become great at nursing.  I was worried in the beginning, but I think we both figured it out and made it work together.  You sure do like to eat!  You are eating every 2-3 hours during the day and then after your night feed (which is usually between 9:30 and 10:30 pm) you sleep until you wake again to eat sometime between 4 and 6 am.  I am really enjoying that long period of sleep!  Thank you!  Your daddy has given you a few bottles and you have done great with those too.  We are trying to slowly introduce you to the bottle so you will be ready when I have to go back to work.  I have no doubt you will do just fine!  Unfortunately you have a terrible case of baby acne right now.  Your daddy and I are ready for your skin to clear up!  No matter what though, you are still a beautiful girl!  Your daddy and I have been giving you a bath every other day.  We really look forward to bath days.  You love to take a bath!  We get the bathroom all warm and cozy for you and turn on some baby tunes and you know it's time!  You are always so happy and calm during your bath!  This past month has been such a life changing experience and I am loving every second of it.  When I was carrying you in my tummy I would pray that you would be a healthy and happy baby.  Now I thank God for answering that prayer and I ask that he continue to bless you with good health and a happy heart.  Your daddy and I feel so blessed to be your parents.  We love you more than we ever thought possible!
All my love sweet girl,
Mommy



(We were not in the mood to take pictures this day...of course!)

9lbs 11oz and 21.5 inches

Nicknames: Lilly, Pretty Girl, Punkin, Sweet Angel, Lil' G (by our nieces), and LG (by my sister)

Things she is loving: laying on her mommy or daddy's chest, chewing on her hands, having her hands by her face, eating, baths, riding in the car, going for walks, the bouncer seat

Things she is not a fan of: being hungry, any type of pacifier, the bulb suction (because of her reflux we have to suction her nose sometimes)

No comments: