Friday, March 22, 2013

One Hot Momma

One hot momma is what I would like to be!  haha!  Maybe not "hot" but I definitely want to get back to the weight I was before Miss Lillian came into our lives.  In fact, I would like to get back to what I looked like when I got married.
**GOAL**
I gained a total of 57 pounds throughout the 10 months of pregnancy.  I lost 34 in the first 2 weeks!  Majority of that was fluid!  I was SO puffy at the end of the pregnancy and for the first week after I had her.  I still have 23 pounds to go to get back to where I started, but I would really like to lose 25-30 more pounds.  
Breastfeeding has helped me to watch what I eat, somewhat.  I still have a ridiculous sweet tooth.  It is nothing for me to eat a bowl of ice cream every night!  This can't keep happening if I want to lose 25-30 more pounds! I don't want to really limit my calories too much just yet because I am breastfeeding, but I need to eat healthier.  I have been eating a bowl of cereal or oatmeal for breakfast.  For lunch it is usually left overs or a turkey sandwich.  For dinner I have been eating whatever is available.  We were very fortunate to have people bring us dinner for the first 2 weeks we were home.  This past week we have ordered out a lot and I have cooked just a couple of times.   I did sit down and make out our menu for this next week, so I have plans to cook more.   Unfortunately I couldn't resist buying Easter candy the other day, so that has been a weakness too.  I need to dig deep down inside and find the will power to say no to all these sweets.  Today I did skip on the chocolate Easter eggs and ate some strawberries instead.  It wasn't what I wanted, but it worked for the time being.  
I have been trying to walk as often as possible.  I do wish our neighborhood was bigger so that it was worth it to walk around.  We have to load up the car with the stroller and all the goods, including the baby, and head to the park if I want to get a good walk in.  It ends up working out though, because it is nice to get out of the house, especially on a beautiful day!  Eventually I will get to working on my "core."  It is nice and flabby now that it has stretched to infinity and beyond.  I read that you are not supposed to start doing abdominal exercises until 6-8 weeks postpartum.  I only had to read that once to convince myself that I need to wait! :)  I have my 6 week check up the second week in April so at that time I will ask the doc what I can do and what she suggests I do.  Once I get the clear from my doctor to get a move on I plan to really get after it with this weight loss plan. One work out I did get the other day was toting sweet girl around in her car seat!  OMG!  I should have some toned arms in no time, well at least my right arm since that's the one I always use to carry her.  
For now I suppose I will do my best to eat right and continue to walk...


No comments: