Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's Time...

One of the latest trends is to have a party to reveal the gender of the expected baby.  Jon and I debated on whether to have a party or not, and ended up deciding to have one.  I had an idea for the theme right away, but that was changed due to the time when we found out what the baby will be.  I knew I wanted something different, something I had not seen many people do.  I googled and brainstormed and finally came up with the theme of "It's Time."  I used clocks as the main decor and used a cuckoo clock as the reveal.  The biggest challenge was finding a cuckoo clock!  They don't sell those things in the stores, so I went to the internet.  I was shocked to see the price of cuckoo clocks!  I finally found a kids cuckoo clock from a company in Europe.  I told my mom about it and she found it on Amazon and ordered it for us.  I was so thankful!  Once the clock came in the party planning was in full force!  A local invitation shop was able to design and print the invitations exactly how I wanted them.  Then I planned out the menu.  Since it was in the late afternoon we served snack/appetizer foods.  Next, I decided to make clock cookies for the party favors.  (I will save those for a separate post.)  Everything came together really well.  It was a rainy day, but a fun and exciting afternoon.  I am so thankful for all our family and friends who came to celebrate with us!  We truly feel so blessed!
Old Wives Tales Board


Smores & Peanut Butter Cup cookies


Bacon Wrapped Potatoes
Caprese Salad skewers & Rotel Cups 


future mommy & daddy






It's a girl!!! Lillian Grace is due 2/25/2013 and we are so excited!!!

No comments: