Saturday, August 6, 2011

Blondes have more fun...

because dyeing your hair every color possible in one day is fun right? WRONG!

I love getting my hair done!  I love when it's freshly highlighted.  I love having my hair washed.  I love the way the hairdresser styles my hair.   My hair appointment was Wednesday at 3PM and I was looking forward to it all week!  I had decided that I wanted to dye my hair so that it would be a strawberry blonde.  I am naturally blonde, so I figured it was a doable task.  This is what I had in mind...


This is what my hairdresser had in mind...
Which I must say is very pretty!

So she started and first applied a color that looked about like this but with a hint of pink.  She washed that out and then put a color called "copper" that was about like this.  I will admit that I was a little bit nervous, but I had faith in her.  She is really good and I always love my hair when I leave her place. Well...she washed my hair and then dried it and I looked about like this...
OMG! I was in SHOCK! I was at a loss for words, and I could tell she was too! Neither of us expected it to turn out like that!  So she decided to put a chemical wash in it to lighten it.  She concocted something and applied it to my head/hair...it then started to "tingle,"  so she immediately had to wash it out.  I was so afraid my hair was about to fall out!  So after she dried it again, it was still a HOT MESS! Next, she added highlights and after it sat for a while, she washed it out and dried it.  It then looked like this...
And actually in this picture my hair looks somewhat decent, but I must tell you it was not! My hairdresser then gave me three options...
1-add more highlights, like tons of blonde highlights to lighten it up
2-"strip it" (in translation that means strip my hair of all it's color with some awful chemical and then add a color to it)
3-dye it a dark brown in attempt to cover the Ronald McDonald look I currently was rocking

I figured the 1st option would only turn my hair pink/orange.  I was afraid the 2nd option would cause all of my hair to fall out.  So, I went with the 3rd option. 

This is now what I look like...
I forgot to mention that I got 3 1/2- 4 inches cut off.  I am still getting used to the new do.  I have shocked everyone that I have seen, including my husband, who said "Holy Cow!" when I walked in to the house.  I will not be coloring my hair for a while!  I think it needs a break.  It is so dry now that I feel like it is going to break off, and the fact that I have to straighten it for it to look decent doesn't help matters. 
I know you must be thinking, "Why in the world would you go back to that hairdresser?"  My answer is because I truly love her work.  Besides this mishap and the one other time that she turned my hair gray.  She always does a wonderful job on my highlights and my haircut is always cute.  I have also known her since we were in 2nd grade.  I am totally not blaming her.  I know that everyone's hair is different and takes color different.  Apparently my hair is made to be naturally blonde with the occasional highlight. 

So although I feel blondes do have more fun...I'm going to have to do my best at being a brunette for a little while!

No comments: